Monday, April 4, 2005
Map from Yahoo!
I couldn’t find such a thing on the web, so I decided to do a bit of research on my own to see the pattern of suicide bombings in Tel Aviv since 2000. So here it is:
- February 25th, 2005 / The Stage club: “Four people are killed and at least 30 people are injured in a bomb blast outside a night club in Tel Aviv, weeks after Israeli and Palestinian leaders declare a truce.”
- November 1st, 2004 / Carmel Market: “A teenage suicide bomber kills at least three people in the crowded Carmel market in Tel Aviv.”
- July 11th, 2004 / Near the Old Central Bus Station: “One person is killed and 21 are wounded by a bomb packed with metal bolts, which explodes near a bus stop in Tel Aviv.”
- April 30th, 2003 / Mike’s Place bar: “A suicide bomber attacks a popular cafe in Tel Aviv, just hours after a new Palestinian cabinet wins approval under Abu Mazen who has pledged to crack down on militants. At least four people including the bomber are killed and dozens more injured.”
- January 5th, 2003 / Near the Old Central Bus Station: “At least 23 people are killed and 100 wounded when two suicide attackers set off charges in crowded, parallel and adjacent streets during rush hour in Tel Aviv, echoing an attack in July 2001.”
- October 10th, 2002 / Near the Old Central Bus Station: “A suicide bomber kills himself and a woman in an attack on a bus stop near Tel Aviv.”
- September 19th, 2002 / Near Allenby and Montefiore: “A suicide attack on a bus in Tel Aviv kills five and injures more than 50. A sixth victim - a medical student from Scotland - dies from his injuries the following day.”
- June 1st, 2001 / The Dolphinarium club: “Suicide bomb attack on a disco in Tel Aviv leaves 21 people dead and more than 60 others injured. Islamic Jihad claim responsibility.”
The brief descriptions come from the BBC.
Update: Yes, I’m aware that #3 is not technically a suicide bombing, but I’m going to leave it in there.
Update 2: And if I’ve missed an event, please let me know. I’d like this to be complete…
SUICIDE BOMBING MAP OF ISRAEL SINCE 2000 WANTED!
Posted Wed, June 15, 2005, 9:48am EST by ANON
I just wanted to express my appreciation of this site. Next, I would like to ask if anyone knows where there is a map like this of the entire country of Israel since 2000, or at least any other cities besides Tel Aviv. Please post your response on this site. THANKS!!!!!!
ANSWER TO ABOVE AND FURTHER REQUEST
Posted Wed, June 15, 2005, 10:00am EST by ANON
Here is a website that has the attacks from 2000-2004, but no map. http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Facts+About+Israel/Israel+in+Maps/2000-2004-+Major+Terror+Attacks.htm
I noticed that it looks like there have been more attacks between 2000-2004 than there were for the prior 10 years, If someone can make a line graph showing the rate of attacks, as well as the map for all suicde attacks on Israel in last 5 years,, that would also be much appreciated. THANKS
Question on map
Posted Sat, November 11, 2006, 7:20am EST by Shannon
I was recently in Tel Aviv and stayed at the Sheraton Hotel near the Tel Aviv Marina. Directly next door to the north of the hotel was a round structure that went directly OVER a four lane highway. It was obviously damaged (looked like a fire or bomb went off) but I have been able to find no listing on line of what happened. Are you familiar with this structure? Do you know what happened? I do have a picture of it I could send.
Bombings since 2005???
Posted Tue, April 24, 2007, 11:44am EST by Jennifer
I have been trying to find information like this in anticipation of a planned trip in June of 2007. Has there been any bombings since 2005?
sharon's security wall has saved us
Posted Mon, January 28, 2008, 4:03am EST by michael david
i,m not saying the wall has completely saved us here in ISRAEL, but since the building of the wall, the suicide attacks in ISRAEL are down 99%. thank you dear prime minister for your vision, please recover some day. GOD BLESS
BOMBINGS APRIL 2006
Posted Mon, May 5, 2008, 5:58am EST by Fredrik
I found additional bombings that occured 2006.
Jan 19, 2006 - Thirty-one people were wounded in a suicide bombing in a shawarma restaurant near the old central bus station in Tel Aviv. The Jerusalem Battalions of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.
Apr 17, 2006 - Eleven people were killed and over 60 wounded in a suicide bombing during the Passover holiday near the old central bus station in Tel Aviv, at the Rosh Ha'ir shawarma restaurant, site of the Jan 19 bombing. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.
Also in 2007, but this is not a real bombing but could have been:
Israel says thwarts suicide bomb attack in Tel Aviv
Sat Sep 22, 2007
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli police seized an explosive belt that was intended to be used in a Tel Aviv suicide bomb attack on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said police raided an apartment in Israel's commercial capital early on Saturday and arrested four people, including a suspected would-be suicide bomber and an explosive belt he was planning to use.
Posted Tue, May 13, 2008, 11:52am EST by Sunil
Whr is Ha'arbah street?
Posted Tue, June 3, 2008, 12:22am EST by George Teffer
In the film Paradise Now (2005), the suicide bombers were supposed to bomb Tel Aviv. If you have seen the film, do you think it was based on any of numbers 1-8 above?
Posted Tue, December 9, 2008, 4:31am EST by anne
does anybody knows if there is a peaceful area where there is no risk of attack at tel aviv? or does somebody knows any area at tel aviv where there has been no bombing attack since 2005?? Thank you